What are the Vital Things to Take into Account for Disaster Preparedness?
It is important for each and every person, nonetheless the present situation that they are facing right now must be well-versed about disaster preparedness. Be certain that you don’t think that disaster be it manmade or natural is not able to cause harm or danger to you and your property. No one is exempted to experiencing the dangers that disasters can cause. It is vital that you know as many disaster preparedness guides as possible in order to help you survive during the worst case scenario. Now, in the range of this article, we are not able to say all of it. There are just numerous tips, but then again, we will only discuss a couple of them particularly the most important ones.
1. First of all, the most important tip is to make certain that you and your family has already planned a communication scheme like family disaster plan. This can be put together in a couple of methods, on the other hand, one of the most essential is to make certain that there is at least one family member or a friend who is living far away and is able to contact all of you in the event that you lose communication with each other.
2. Make sure that you are aware of all the routes for emergency evacuation as they pertain to your workplace and community.
3. Be sure to know how to turn off all of the utilities such as electricity, water and particularly gas.
4. Make certain that you have an emergency survival kit or package in place for every member of your family that has at least enough supplies like medications, blankets, clothing, water, food and etc that could last for at least 72 hours or more.
5. In addition, make sure that you have a cash on hand because there is a pretty high chance that the ATM will not be working in case that a couple of stores are open.
6. This one must always be an absolute must. Be sure that you take time to learn about CPR techniques as well as first aids. And it is certainly worth it to spend some of your time learning on how you can save your life or even someone else’s life.
7. Make certain that you have set a reunion area or a meeting area designated for the members of your household or family to gather at.
8. Be certain that you understand that there are particular forms of disasters that are more inclined to taking placing in certain areas and locations. As a result, be sure to know what prone to happen in your place.
Reference: look here